We must be doing something right to have all these problems! We don’t mind at all!
NC Weather Happens is growing and growing fast! We stopped counting unique visits to the page at 120,000! We’ve tripled our server capacity, and search engine optimization helped draw in folks who just wanted to check us out.
This is what’s been happening behind the scenes:
As we move into the Winter season and later, into our notorious Spring, we will see many upgrades and feature enhancements.
- We are still working to get the Lightning Detection System and the Weather Station published. They are working fine here, just getting the data to the site is an issue.
- In April, we will be introducing a local modeling program that will generate a custom forecast based on your location. This will be very handy for our mobile users as it uses your GPS to determine the forecast.
- For our most geekiest of weather enthusiasts (and students), we will be offering a Climate Study/Research page that should be a very handy reference if you need to know “what happened when”.
For now, note the following and get off Facebook and get on our mailing list. No spam and nothing but weather!
Improved Subscription Service:
We have had some issues with our subscription routines which caused hundreds of would be followers to not get emails. That has been resolved and there is a new Subscription button on the right side bar of the page (or elsewhere if you are a mobile user). If you tried to subscribe in the past, or subscribed but did not receive our articles, we apologize and humbly ask you to try again as we could not import most subscribers into the new system.
How it works:
- Just enter in your email
- Click subscribe.
- You will receive an email confirmation
- In that email, just click “Confirm”
- All done!
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email. When you do that, your information is removed permanently and we’ll never bother you again!
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we experience these unexpected growing pains. Remember, this is the weather service you are building!
NC Weather Happens. Enjoy it!