Time: 10/02/2015, 5:45 PM
A Public Service Reminder to Prepare for Pets and Cold Weather
With our first significant blast of Arctic air approaching this week, now is the time to make preparations for your pets.
- If they will be outside, make sure they have shelter from the cold with adequate bedding
- Keep their water from freezing
- In the morning when it is coldest, let them out to take care of business with foot protection and a coat or sweater.
- A good rule of thumb is if you are cold, they are colder!
- Check your pet’s pads (feet) for cracking and frostbite and apply medication as needed.
Folks, this will be a decent round of cold as significant as last January, so keep your pets safe and keep them warm. They will love you for it!!!
This message approved by Sydney the Brown Weather Dog!
NC Weather Happens. Enjoy it!
Please share this post!