Identify your trusted sources of information for a hurricane event
NOAA’s National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center are your official sources for hurricane forecasts and the issuance of hurricane watches and warnings.
Your local NOAA National Weather Service forecast office provides information regarding the expected impacts from the storm for your area. Emergency managers will make the decisions regarding evacuations.
Organizations such as FLASH make disaster safety recommendations. And the media outlets will broadcast this information to you. All work together to be your trusted sources, especially for those less able to take care of themselves.
With more and more people getting their primary news from Social Media, it is extremely important to set preferences so that weather related posts show up in your news feed.
- National Hurricane Center
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service
- U.S. State and Territory Emergency Management Agencies
- Maps of evacuation zones courtesy of Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- National Hurricane Center Twitter Accounts
NC Weather Happens. Enjoy it!
Advertise your business on this high volume webpage. Send us a note and we’ll send you some information.
Be sure to visit The Weather Store!