Once we get through a “Wild Christmas Weather Ride”, temperatures take a dive.
- It will mild for this time of year with temps in the mid 50’s.
- Winds should die down from gusts in the morning to near calm late evening.
- The air will be notably drier as humidity and dew point fall.
- The midnight temperature of 45 should be the high for the day
- Temps slowly fall throughout the day.
Into New Years Day:
- Progressive cooling with New Years eve struggling to make it out of the 30’s
- Expecting mostly dry conditions through the period at this time, but watching the 30th for some precipitation so stay tuned.
Winter is finally arriving and the medium range is picking up quite well on a cooling trend. As for winter precipitation, there is no agreement at all in long-range models, and they are wavering back and forth at best beyond 8 days. Later today the more reliable long-range models will be updated so we will share what we know this evening.
NC Weather Happens. Enjoy it!
Follow this blog from the ncwxhappens.com website