Follow this, and other great weather content on ncwxhappens.com …remember Facebook changes all their distribution rules on the 1st!
January 1, 2015 promises to be cold with early morning temperatures in the low 20’s. A brief warm up into the low 40’s and then another shot of cooler air arrives over night. We need to pay attention to Friday 1/02 as another round of Gulf precipitation arrives from the southwest. With a weak Cold Air Dam in place, over running moisture may cause some precipitation type issues. With temps in the low 30’s in the Piedmont, this will be a close call.
- At this time, a Piedmont wintry mix is not out of the question but a winter mix is more likely in the higher elevations at this time.
- There is less than an inch of liquid precipitation available in this system making a more likely scenario to be a cold rain.
- Any winter mix that falls will not accumulate.
- We will be monitoring this regardless.
***On another note:
NC Weather Happens has a lot of new followers lately and for many, this will be your first look at how we provide the weather. Plain simple English without all the jargon.
This and other professional service sites will be affected by new distribution policies by Facebook. What this means to you is that on January 1st, you will see less commercial content in your news feeds and more of the things that you are interested in (posts from family, close friends, hobbies, etc…)
If you are a “weather nut” you will likely continue to see our articles and content. If not, you will see them less frequently and certainly not in a timely manner. For example, this post went out at 10:15 am on 12/27. You may get it in your news feed a day later beginning the first of the year.
Our content is FREE!!!
There are 2 ways to stay current and up to date with NC Weather Happens.
- On Facebook, turn on Notifications on our page and you will be notified every time we post there (unless that changes by Facebook).
- The better way is to Subscribe on the ncwxhappens.com web page.
- Enter your email address and click “Follow”.
- A confirmation email will be sent, reply to activate
- Again, absolutely free and no login required.
These methods are absolutely free and your emails will have no advertising, and your email address is never distributed, sold, or mucked with!
Advertising and Revenue:
- We do have space available on the ncwxhappens.com website. If you are interested in placement on a high volume professional weather website for your business, give us a call or send an email for more information.
- Donations are always appreciated but not required.
As always, thanks for choosing NC Weather Happens. Enjoy it!